How To Make A Cape: DIY Superhero Cape Tutorial.
the Easiest turorial To Make Your Own
- 2 Yards of fabric
- Measuring Tape
- Sewing Supplies
How to make a cape for your little superhero is the focus of today’s tutorial! Because we know that all superheroes need a cape, we have put together this tutorial for you. Now, instead of trying to tie a blanket around your favorite superhero’s neck, you can quickly and easily learn how to make this super cape.
I made this cape with two different colors (1 yard of each) for a double-sided cape!
- 1.Tear two pieces of fabric length:31 inches
- 2.lay the two pieces on top of each other and fold them in half.
- 3. With marking tool(chalk or a pencil), On one end of the fabric mark a line at 11 inches. On the other end mark a line at 5 1/2 inches.
- 4. Using a measuring tape, connect the two marks, and draw a straight line between them.
- 5. Cut fabric 1/2 inch away from the line, created and cut a straight line across the wider bottom edge.
- 6.With a bowl or plate that measures 8 inches across. Lay the round object on top of your fabric at 5 1/2 inches from the top and 4 inches from the fold. Then trace the object from edge to edge on the fabric.
- 7. Cut 1/2 inch away from this round line you had created
- 8.the fabric is still folded, gently round the bottom and top corners of the cape.
- 9. Unfold the fabric. It just looks like a cape!
- 10.Sewing Your Superhero Cape
- 11. Leave the two pieces of fabric lying on top of each other and head to the sewing machine.didn’t bother pinning the cape, just keep them lined up while you are sewing. Sew around the cape at 1/2 inch and remember to backstitch. Leave a 2-inch opening so you can turn the cape right side out (I recommend leaving it on the bottom of the cape). Turn the cape right side out! Warm-up your iron and press the edges and all the wrinkles flat. Then hand sews that little opening closed. Finally, this is the last part of how to make a cape. No more tying that blanket around the neck! Velcro to the rescue!!!
- 12. Cut a square of velcro. Sew the squares close to the edge, placing them on opposite sides of the cape. They will overlap when you put them together.
Get ready to make your child super happy! Attach it around the neck and watch them fly!
How to make a superhero cape
Cool Superhero Costume Cape For Children
Kids DC Superheroes Robin Cape And MaskProduct on sale
Spider Man Cape And Mask Marvel Comics Costume For KidsProduct on sale
Superhero Costume Wonder Woman Cape and Mask For KidsProduct on sale
Kids Capes Red Thor Superhero and Mask SetProduct on sale
Superhero Batman Capes And Mask Set For ChildrenProduct on sale
Flash Superhero Capes and Masks Set Kids Parties FavorProduct on sale
Superhero Batman Cape and Mask Set For KidsProduct on sale
Kids Superman Cape With Felt MaskProduct on sale
Superman Cape & Mask Set Kids Superhero Dress UpProduct on sale