Thor is one of the most popular Marvel characters, and I’ve never really understood why.
The son of Odin uses his mighty abilities as the God of Thunder to protect his home Asgard and planet Earth alike.
thor: the dark world
thor: ragnarok trailer
The thing I love most about him is his character and personality. He’s honorable and ever willing to give his all in protecting the Nine Realms and its denizens. He’s exceptionally kind, noble, compassionate, and gentle yet a fierce dedicated warrior too. He also has a touch of cockiness and haughtiness which makes him a humorous god as well. Not to mention that thematically, Thor is the bridge between the classic mythology of the tales of heroes and villains that guide modern-day comics.
His character, his world, and his adventures have a really big, epic, powerful feel. His mythology and supporting cast are interesting and unique, his powers are cool, his dialogue is always fun… and one of the coolest things about Thor is that he can be used to tell pretty much any kind of story. He blends sci-fi, fantasy, and superhero genres into a seamless mix that no other character really pulls off.
With hammer in hand, Thor harnesses all his godly powers to wipe out anyone in his path. Still, though, that’s only one reason why people love Thor.
There are many reasons why people love Thor, and many fans consider Thor to be the strongest Avenger because he is god-like. There is no match for a superhero who has the power of the cosmos on his side. Thankfully, Thor is fighting with the Avengers and not against them, because it is only with Thor’s help that the Avengers and the free world stand any chance against Loki or any others who would try to do them harm. Thor is a fun character to watch, and he is well-respected by all (despite his ongoing feud with the Hulk). He will continue to be a favorite on the Avengers for as long as the Marvel Cinematic Universe exists, which will only provide fans more reasons to love this character.
10 Reasons Why People Love Thor
- All his glory. Played by one of the hottest superhero actors. Chris Hemsworth, this superhero is absolutely impossible to ignore. Bringing more than just good looks to the table though, he is the God of thunder in tales of lore, has unbelievable cosmic power, and, in every Thor film so far (think Thor: The Dark World and Thor: Ragnarok), leads moviegoers on epic, action-packed, and entertaining adventures. The reasons why people love Thor aren’t really a secret, but you have appreciated what he brings to the Avengers and the Marvel Cinematic Universe at large.
- Invincible superhero due to his godly powers. he seems to be truly unstoppable, especially when a fight breaks out. He goes back and forth between space and Earth with no trouble, fights bad guys across the universe, and never seems to show signs of weakness or fatigue. Fans look up to him for his unshakable will to fight, and the fact that he keeps fighting until his enemies have been defeated.
- The most handsome superhero in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.what keeps female fans interested in Thor. Ladies love Tony Stark and Captain America as well, but Thor has the raw masculinity that makes a superhero so fun to watch.
- Funny character. He seems to make comments that are a little ditsy in nature, even in the most critical of moments. He is a big teddy bear with big muscles, and he’s definitely not the brains of the operation. His lack of intelligence makes for comic relief not found in other characters in the Avengers, and it’s just another reason why fans love him. Now, just imagine if these superhero movies became more R-rated? The jokes would be practically endless.
- The most amazing cosmic superpowers. With his magical hammer in hand, he can use his cosmic power to blow pretty much anyone away. He also has super strength and the ability to fly, including teleporting through outer space. Every time fans see Thor perform in battle, they are even more in awe of his capabilities.
- His sense of loyalty. The relationship Thor has with Loki, the god of mischief, it is hard to watch on screen, but very entertaining because Loki is evil while Thor is good. Thor is constantly at war within himself between protecting and caring for his family while trying to fight for what is implicitly right. Fans love Thor because watching this tumultuous relationship unfold throughout all of the movies is very exciting, and yet heartbreaking too. Both Marvel Studios and the comic books emphasize this brotherly love, and most fans can appreciate the struggle that he faces as a result of it.
- One of the biggest hearts in the Avengers. This is shown through his relationship with his brother, but also through his relationship with the other Avengers and through his love interests. He is always loyal and caring and wears his heart on his sleeve at all times. This makes fans fall in love with him since it’s appealing to see a masculine man show such raw emotion.
- His slow wit and lack of intelligence make him both charming and funny. There are many internet memes about Thor and the various scenes where he shows this side of himself. These are the scenes that add comic relief to the Marvel movies and provide balance in some of the tensest moments of these films. Without these character traits and these scenes, the Marvel movies would be too serious, and it would be hard for fans to watch and love the characters as much.
- There’s more to him than a magic hammer. Thor is interesting to watch because, unlike Iron Man who is a mere human, Thor has this entirely different side to him. He is born out of legend, god-like blood running through his veins. He is not a superhero because of some mutation, like Spider-Man or the Hulk, but he was born to be as great as he is, destined to be King of the Asgardians. Fans praise Thor because everyone knows that being a superhero is his destiny, and he does it exceptionally well.
- The most valuable qualities. With Loki being such a troubling factor in many of the stories in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, it would be very difficult for the Avengers to defeat Loki without Thor on their side. Thor gives the Avengers a cosmic link into that world that they never would have had otherwise. Thor is able to go into the cosmos and talk to his family and his people. He can be that liaison when needed, and try to get humans and gods to see eye to eye.